The Housing Allocations Policy sets out how we prioritise applications for council and housing association homes based on your circumstances and level of housing need.
We reviewed the Housing Allocations Policy in 2022 and made changes to the way we allocate council housing. The policy helps us make sure that council homes go to people in greatest housing need. We do not discriminate and we make the best use of our resources. To see our other Strategies and Policies, please see below.
Housing Allocations Policy 2022
- Our Housing Strategy provides a clear vision for housing in Dacorum, setting out long-term objectives, targets and policies. For full details, please view the following document:
- Housing Strategy 2019-2021 (PDF 3.83MB)
- The Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy sets out how we as a housing service will consider the needs of homeless households and offer assistance to those who we have a statutory duty to support. It also details the approach taken to prevent homelessness within the borough.
- Prevention of Homelessness and Rough Sleeping Strategy - 2020-2024 (PDF 4MB)
- We are committed to ensuring that local people have access to genuinely affordable homes. This strategy applies to all homes owned and managed by our housing service.
- Tenancy Strategy - 2019-2023 (PDF 5.01MB)
- The Older Persons' Housing Strategy sets out our long-term plan to ensure future provision of suitable, high-quality housing options for older residents in the borough. For full details, please view the following document:
- Older Persons' Housing Strategy 2018-2022 (PDF 3MB)
- This strategy outlines our approach to regulating the private sector to ensure all Dacorum residents live in homes that are safe and meet the required standards.
- Private Sector Housing Strategy 2020-2024 (PDF 2.4MB)