I have been regularly checking for adverts but there aren’t any properties advertised, why?

Due to the Coronavirus, there has been a reduction in people moving from their existing home and a less properties being returned to the Council and local housing associations as vacant, this is why there are less properties advertised at the moment.


I am a homeless applicant can I bid?

Yes, if you have not yet had a homeless decision you are able to bid for accommodation.  However once you receive a duty letter if this is a positive decision, you will not be able to bid.  The council will offer you accommodation using a direct offer process.


How do I get a council or housing association property?

You need to be accepted on to the Dacorum Borough Council Housing Register - this register is now run through this Moving with Dacorum website. For more details on how to apply read the How to Use this Service section.


What is the difference between a council and a housing association property?

Council properties are owned and managed by Dacorum Borough Council. The council is the landlord.

Housing associations also provide affordable homes. The rents and terms are broadly similar and you bid for properties in the same way. The main difference is that the housing association owns and manages the property and is the landlord.


Where can I find details of available properties?

Properties are advertised each week on the Moving with Dacorum website. Properties that you are eligible for can be viewed on your My Account page. You can also search all properties through the Property Search page.

A list of available sheltered housing properties is available in paper format upon request.  Copies of this are available at Dacorum Borough Council offices in Hemel Hempstead, Tring and Berkhamsted. In special circumstances, these property handouts can be sent to you.